The vast majority of our Year 13 leavers go straight to university. About three quarters of those go to a Russell Group university.
The remainder start a gap year, a course such as at an agricultural or design college or enter employment on a school leavers’ programme.
In a typical year group -
- Just under 40% of those going to university study medicine or an allied discipline
- Around 15% read an arts subject or a foreign language
- About 10% study psychology
- Around 5% will read a science subject outside medicine
- And about 5% study law
The remainder leave us to study a range of subjects such as engineering, politics, economics, management, international relations, journalism, sociology and business management. Of the students who take a gap year, most move on to university.
- To see the destinations of our latest leavers, please click here