At Sheffield Girls', the Physical Education Department is committed to offering a variety of extra-curricular activities and clubs which are open to all pupils. The programme is broad and balanced, so that all ages are given the opportunity to participate in a range of activities.
The PE Department offers extra-curricular sporting activities which aim to:
- Complement and extend the curriculum beyond what is covered in timetabled sessions
- Allow all pupils to extend their interests and abilities
- Give our students opportunities for team and individual participation
- Give leadership opportunities
- Give opportunities to travel both in the UK and abroad
- Allow students of different ages and abilities to interact
Participating in sport throughout school
As a school, we also support local sport and we have a long record of success in the Sheffield Federation for School Sport (SFSS) competitions. Both teams and individuals are also given opportunities to compete against other independent schools in the Midlands and the North of England on a regular basis, both in friendly and competitive situations.
Sheffield Girls' also competes in many national competitions and has achieved many county, regional and national finals titles and other records of achievement. The achievements by teams and individuals are vast and are celebrated through the School’s ‘star system’, in assemblies, through the awarding of school colours and at our annual Prize Giving and at other official awards ceremonies.