Our Mission and Our Aims
At Sheffield Girls' we aim to bring out the best in all our girls and encourage them within a happy, structured and caring community to develop their personal and intellectual talents to the full, leaving school as strong, open-minded, confident young women.
We are committed to ensuring that talented and academically gifted girls from all backgrounds have access to an education at this school. We ensure that these opportunities are available through providing bursaries and running an active outreach programme.
Sheffield Girls' is a caring, happy and supportive community where traditional values are combined with dynamic and forward-thinking teaching.
We aim to:
- create a welcoming, stimulating and happy environment in which girls enjoy learning
- encourage each girl to develop her full potential
- provide lively teaching and foster independent learning skills
- offer girls rich opportunities for creative, personal, spiritual and emotional growth
- help girls to value friendships, develop moral integrity, a sense of social responsibility and respect for themselves and others
- develop successful young women who will make a positive contribution as citizens within a global community
- educate girls in how to keep themselves safe and healthy
The school's approach also reflects the values of the Girls’ Day School Trust. These are:
We always put Girls First. They are the focus of everything we do.
We are Fearless. We act and speak with conviction and commitment and we are not afraid of thinking differently.
We are Forward-thinking. We stay ahead through purposeful innovation.
We are a Family of schools. We support each other and share our learning across our unique network.