Parents operate a fleet of school buses in conjunction with Birkdale School to take girls to and from the school. Many of these routes operate in conjunction with local operators and may be subject to change.
Current routes include:
- Dronfield/Whittington Moor/Chesterfield
- Tankersley/High Green/Ecclesfield/Grenoside/Deepcar/Oughtibridge/Worrall/Wadsley
- Derbyshire/Darley Dale/Calver/Grindleford/Hathersage
- Lodge Moor/Crosspool/Fulwood
- Hope Valley
Find your bus route and travel information below:
Please contact us for more information about the School Bus network.
- Some girls come to school by train, arriving at Sheffield Station. They then catch a bus to our main campus. Routes used include from Barnsley, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Hope Valley, Rotherham and Worksop.
- Bus stops are located on roads close to the School. Some girls use public service buses from Bakewell, Castleton, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Rotherham and Worksop. Further information on routes and times can be obtained from South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive.
From Clarkehouse Road, access to the school entrance is via Rutland Park. Parents should be aware that this route works on a one way system and can become extremely congested at the beginning and end of the school day.
Our walking bus scheme operates from the main school entrance on Rutland Park where Infant and Junior School parents can drop their daughters safely and easily and Sixth Form girls will escort the younger girls through the school grounds to Melbourne House.