Hours: 0.8 FTE
Contract: Temporary, Maternity Cover (from Jan 2022-July 2022)
Required from: January 2022
About the school:
Sheffield High School for Girls is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled Biology teacher with a passion for their subject. This position is a part-time role, equating to approximately 80% of a full-time position, and is offered on a fixed-term basis, for two terms, until July 2022.
As a core subject, Biology is a fundamental part of our curriculum at Sheffield Girls’. Biology is a popular subject with high numbers opting to study it at A Level. The successful candidate will be required to teach Biology at GCSE and A Level and both Biology and Chemistry at KS3.
The post is suitable for newly qualified and experienced teachers.
Sheffield Girls’ is the leading school for girls in the North of England and part of the Girls Day School Trust (GDST) – the largest network of independent girls’ schools in the UK.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post. For further details of our Safeguarding Policies and Procedures, please read this page.
- First class facilities
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A friendly, supportive working environment
- A professional development programme and support from within out network of 25 schools, including regular Trust Technical Days, knowledge sharing forums and programmes of both internal and external training.
- Third line technical support from the central GDST helpdesk
- Discounted school fees for staff
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefits
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and to apply please visit the GDST Careers page. If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 12:30pm on Monday 1st November 2021.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included
The GDST is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service