Biology Business Chemistry Classical Civilisation Computer Science Drama and Theatre Economics English Language English Literature Fine Art and Design French Geography Geology German History ICT Latin Maths and Further Maths Music Physical Education Physics Politics Psychology Philosophy, Religion and Ethics Spanish Sociology
The curriculum at Sheffield Girls’ Sixth Form aims to provide opportunities for all students to gain a deep understanding of their subjects and to achieve their full potential. For details of the A-Level subjects we offer, please see the latest edition of our Sixth Form Options booklet.
Our Sixth Form Academic Offer
Three A-levels plus EPQ is our standard curriculum offer and we have a broad enrichment programme to support this. We can also tailor the timetable to meet individual needs and ensure our students can take whatever courses they wish.
Find out more about studying at one of the best Sheffield sixth forms.
Our curriculum is:
- Broad – so that it provides each student with a wide range of experiences, knowledge and skills, fostering educational development and encouraging independent learning.
- Balanced – so that each area of the curriculum is allowed sufficient time for in depth learning.
- Flexible and differentiated – so that what is taught and how it is taught is matched to the learning needs of each individual; fully developing their abilities and aptitudes.
The Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
A qualification which is highly valued by students, parents, staff and universities. This is because:
- It promotes intellectual curiosity and allows student to undertake an independent piece of research in a topic of their own choice
- Students feel an EPQ gives them the opportunity to complete an in-depth piece of work, which can be based on a topic outside of their A-level choices, if they desire
- Where a student can show a good EPQ grade, universities will typically make them a lower grade offer for entry on to their chosen degree course
The Forging Futures programme offers timetabled enrichment activities and classes to Year 12, including modules in Marketing, Photography, Model UN, and Driving Theory. Our sixth formers also participate in our extensive co-curricular opportunities, covering sports, music, drama, robotics, social awareness – and much more.
Our students can choose to take on as much or as little as they like around their academic studies - the sky is the limit!
Take a look at our Sixth Form Options booklet below.