Physical Education has a unique contribution to make to the total education of the individual, a learning process that starts early in the life of a child and which will hopefully continue to provide a healthy and active lifestyle in adulthood.
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Skill Acquisition
- Opportunities for Participation
- Practical coursework –
- Ability as a Performer, Official or Leader
- Application of Theoretical Knowledge for Effective Performance
- Applied Physiology to Optimise Performance
- Psychological Aspects that Optimise Performance
- Evaluating Contemporary Influences
- Practical coursework – Practical Performance
- Observation, Analysis and Critical Evaluation
- Application of Knowledge and Understanding to Optimise Performance
The PE Department recently received the Good Schools Guide award for ‘Best A-level results in PE in Independent Schools in the UK’and, in the same year, we received the accolade of becoming the ‘Best Independent School for Sport’ in the UK Daily Telegraph/Norwich Union School Sport Matters National Awards.
More recently, the PE Department was awarded the John Moss Trophy by the Sheffield School Sports Federation. This was awarded in recognition of the department’s enthusiasm and commitment to achieve national success. This follows numerous years of reaching national finals in the following sports: badminton, cross-country and athletics, horse eventing and dressage, netball, rounders, tennis, trampolining and gymnastics.
We have also been holders of the Daily Telegraph/Norwich Union award for Best Independent School for Sport.
Any questions? Please contact Mrs Davidson, Acting Head of PE, on firstname.lastname@example.org