At Sheffield Girls', the Physical Education departments in the Infant, Junior and Senior Schools are committed to offering a variety of extra-curricular activities and clubs which are open to all pupils. The programme is broad and balanced, so that all ages and abilities are given the opportunity to participate in a range of physical activities.
We offer co-curricular sporting activities which aim to:
- complement and extend the curriculum beyond what is covered in timetabled sessions
- allow all pupils to extend their interests and abilities
- give our students opportunities for team and individual participation
- provide leadership opportunities
- promote health and physical fitness
- give opportunities to travel both in the UK and abroad
- allow students of different ages and abilities to interact
Participating in sport throughout school
As a school, we support local sport and we have a long record of success in the Sheffield Federation for School Sport (SFSS) competitions. Both teams and individuals are given opportunities to compete against other independent schools in the Midlands and the North of England on a regular basis, both in friendly and competitive situations. Girls are able to access these opportunities starting in the Junior School.
Both as the Infant & Junior School, and the Senior School, Sheffield Girls' compete in many national competitions, and we have achieved many county, regional and national finals titles. The achievements by teams and individuals are celebrated through the School’s ‘star system’, in assemblies, through the awarding of school colours at our annual Prize Giving and other awards ceremonies.